Sunday, July 25, 2010

pillow talk

I was inspired to do some light sewing yesterday that upon waking up this morning, I immediately revisited my cloth vault--which quite simply, is a large plastic storage where I dunk all the cloth I haul and receive as gifts.

(That is another blog entry I should write--gift fabrics and what they had become, reserved for another day.)

I remember that a friend who had recently moved to Singapore bought navy bedding (thanks to my willingness to go ikea shopping--secret motive: check out cloth on discount), I decided to make a welcome gift.

Luckily, I found a navy and mandarin kimono cloth that featured some dragons and blooms--remains from an obi I sew a while back, that would match the sheets.

Below is a photo I got back--with thanks.I'm quite happy that the pillowcases I made went well with the navy and orange rambutan printed quilt cover. I don't think I could be any more pleased :)

Now that I think about it, I also used some of this fabric to embellish jeans.

3 comments:

Nubian said...

I have no doubt that you and my older sister would get on ~ She has many plastic buckets of fabric she has collected over the years.

tracy gomez said...

I seems that I would be needing another one soon! I can't seem to throw anything bigger than 2 x 1 ft!

I keep thinking "I may have a use for this at some point". Oooops--I sound like a hoarder!

Once, I make some patchwork for a quilt to "clear" my stash :)

Unknown said...

i'm excited to see that quilt :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...