Sunday, August 24, 2008

Penelope

I'm still smiling about the movie Penelope. It is the type of movie that needs no analysis. Upon reading the plot, you would know exactly how it would end, I however enjoyed it tremendously. Maybe because James McAvoy was the leading man, and Christina Ricci was convincing. It was a bonus that Reese Witherspoon was there too.

The script was funny too, not because it was particularly witty, but because it would be the sort of things that you would hear ordinarily, and it is surprising that the same is being used in an extraordinary situation.

For days that you feel like a pig, watch this movie. It would give you a new perspective.

(I would actually also recommend it for days that you feel like being wooed)

1 comment:

Homer's Dragon said...

Well, I've also seen this movie. It's fairly entertaining and heart-warming. I would say that this movie should not be judged according to standards of deepness or appropriateness, as this was intended purely for entertainment purposes; in that aspect, this movie would pass with flying colors in my book. My only comment is that I would prefer that the female protagonist would be portrayed as more grotesque. As a swine-face, Ricci was still cute. I've seen non-pig-snouted women who are less attractive. A women portrayed more like Vincent of the 80's Beauty and the Beast series would have had more impact for me. Think about it... cute, rich and curvy? No-brainer. Cheers. :) By the way... I love my sweetheart. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...