Friday, August 8, 2008

888

You won't believe this but I still remember ads in ABS CBN about the Year of the Dragon 1988, especially around 08/08/88. I must have seen it while watching Chikachikachicks (revamp of Chicks to Chicks) with our maid.

Twenty years later, I have figured out that Freddie Webb and Nova Villa are not really husband and wife, and that people watch the show to see hot girls in sexy clothes. I thought it was the humour and the "Sweetheart mag-shower tayo" jabs of Nova Villa that made the show a hit.

I also thought that the title was slang for gossip, I realized otherwise around the same time that I realized the real reason behind the hit series. (I wonder why it took me so long to get it, given the previous series title. Hmmmmm.)

It's 08/08/08 and Carmi Martin looks exactly like she did back then.

It's 08/08/08 the official kick off of the Olympics in Beijing.

It's 08/08/08 and a friend, according to her shout out in some social network site is all set.

It's 08/08/08 and I find myself writing an entry, purely to distract myself from what I had been thinking about for weeks.

It's 08/08/08.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here this song always makes me happy. Hope it works for you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHTPdbpogRE

tracy gomez said...

Wow, you are right. This actually cheered me up :) Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...