Tuesday, April 22, 2008

bababa ba?

I told my colleague, Siew Leng the "bababa ba? bababa" story and she was very amused, I also told her that I refer to the scissor rice stalls as point point, which is a direct translation of turo turo in Tagalog. From then on, I would tell her random words, usually those that are repeated like, you guessed it, turo turo. She is a fast learner and I am sure it would only be a matter of time until she is fluent. Oh, I did warn her about using the words! I am a responsible teacher!

T: are you ready for another cute word?

SL: any time!

SL: yday was bobo (I told her that it translated to "moron")

T: ULUL

SL: ul ul ??

T: ohh lool

T: it means crazy beyond belief

T: or MAD

T: ulul is also sometimes used for "no way! are you serious?"

SL: haha... ulul??!

T: you got it!!!

T: :)

T: hahahaha

SL: luckily i m not bobo....:P

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...