Monday, April 7, 2008

Death by denim

I bought denim cloth to make into a dress to match the sandals that I got over the weekend. As I am still yet to learn how to sew zippers, I ended up making a dress that is both hard to put on and take off. Do not judge just yet, the beauty of it of course, is that once it is on you, it is as comfortable as you can imagine.

During the “final fitting” I found that it was still a bit loose on the sides so I put a few pins on each side to mark how much tighter it should be.

As I was slipping the dress off, I realized that I was losing my balance so I knelt on the floor and continued to tug on the dress. At this point I could not see anything because the lower part of the dress was over my face. As I wiggled to slide the dress over the chest and shoulder areas, I grabbed a handful of cloth and pulled, I caught one of the pins and ended up poking my hand—hard! It was very painful and dizzying. Not to mention that my arms were already feeling the strain from being stuck up my head for some time.

I closed my eyes and focused. I look a deep breath and put my whole mind, heart and body into getting the dress off. And I did but not without scratching my arm first!

I swear that one centimeter less, it would have been, death by cheap pins on a partially finished denim dress.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...