Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Slipping in the bus to work

There are two types of seat covers in buses, at least the buses that I ride to work everyday. One type is vinyl, and the other is fabric. I don't prefer one over the other, I never had a reason to choose between the two--until today.

I found myself slipping, literally slipping off the seat. I did not have new pants, it was the same pants I wore many times in the past while seated in vinyl covered seats. The seat was not wet. And yes, the person sitting beside me was NOT pushing me off my seat!

It reminded me of the seats near the MRT doors. I never understood why they make it that way. Everyone that I have talked to about this agreed with me, it is impossible to sit still on those diagonal benches. I think even Spiderman would have trouble staying put.

I survived, clearly. But as a result, I was enlightened. I now know that as far as bus seat covers go, fabric is better than vinyl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s a good thing I wasn't there. I would have laughed myself unconscious. I think you should put velcro on your butt or some kind of adhesive strip. No one in MN is that slippery.

tracy gomez said...

Those seats were, as you would put it... "CRAP" ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...