Thursday, June 14, 2007

Saving the Girls with Grace Through Courtship

I had afternoon coffee with Grace today. As usual, I enjoyed the company and conversation immensely. I am suddenly reminded that it had been a long while since I had the chance to really talk to her, her workload is terrible.

We talked about everything and nothing at all. It was a long coffee break and at one point we talked about relationships--not our own, but of those close to us. She says I should write my thoughts down. So now I am. I'm very cooperative that way.

MORE
Here is a wonderful person, happy, content, successful. She has everything. And suddenly she gets a bonus, she meets someone and decides that he is a "Maybe". They suddenly have limited time for anything else, they are clearly falling in love--only they don't. Or most likely, one person doesn't fall. And that one person walks away.

While this is a common happenstance, it would be quite interesting if it has happened more than a couple of times to one person.

What's up?

The answer came to me a few years back. I was talking to my brother about our sister who has started to date her bestfriend for six years. We had a long discussion about courtship then.

I think that conversation had a huge impact on me.

Sometimes courtship is eliminated completely. Others might say that it is old fashion and it is a waste of time, that maybe one should just get on with it and just break up if it doesn't work out. I respect that. It is good that way to some. Afterall, it is very easy to fall into the trap of the promise of a great love. The thought of a perpetual honeymoon stage is very tempting, hence it is no easy task to wait.

Personally, I think that if a man do not rush to be in a relationship with you and spend a significant time getting to know you, he would realize that the you are not only eye candy but also a smart, interesting, thoughtful, witty, kind and inspiring person.

If he just spends more time getting to know you, he would find that you are so much more that what you seem to be. You then become a person to him and not a wonderful idea of a partner.

With that being said, an important question comes to mind, "How could an equally wonderful person, fail to fall in love with you?".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...