Saturday, June 2, 2007

Rage Against the Dying of the Light

I remember seeing an episode of Friends wherein Phoebe was turning 30, there were a few things that she wanted to do before her birthday, things that would seem trivial to most people, but being that happy, childlike person that she is, it was not a surprise that these meant a lot to her. Of course later on, Ursula comes to make her life less happy. Apparently they were turning 31 that year (Ursula had somehow gotten a copy of their birth certificate). This caused Phoebe to panic, because she had other things wanted done before her 31sth birthday (meeting a portuguese person, going to sniper school and getting the perfect kiss).

-oOo-

While having dinner, my brother says that after his birthday this year, his waistline would finally be less than his age.

-oOo-

My good friend, Big Jay, the gentle giant/badminton monster as dubbed by Aa explained to me over Rustica pizza and beers a couple of years back, that there are three stages of twenties (similar to the 9 levels of Dante's Inferno, it gets worse as you move from one level to the next, working your way deeper into hell).

20 - 23 Early Twenties
24 - 26 Mid-twenties
27 - 29 Late Twenties


-oOo-


In ten days, I graduate from being mid-twenties and advance to the next level. Parting is such sweet sorrow. Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

-oOo-
I clearly remember driving to work singing look at me, I'm 23, beautiful, a sight to see tonight. A little dress to draw the press.... I was actually 23 then!
And my parents thought I was beautiful.
-oOo-

At this point, I refuse to write about MY waistline.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...