Friday, June 1, 2007

Seriously...

While I enjoy watching Grey's Anatomy, I NEVER, at any point felt as though there were lessons to be learned from the show. I saw all episodes from Season 1 through Season 3 and not one episode changed my mind.

It never fails to surprise me when I see entries for random blogs I'd visit once in a while that feature such titles as WHAT GREY'S ANATOMY TAUGHT ME or LESSONS FROM GREY'S ANATOMY and the like. This is just plain alarming. One person even had a WHAT I LEARNED FROM DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES entry as well.

The show is entertaining, the idea is to have an interesting mix of people, all a bit looney about different things at different levels. This and a wide range of physically ill victims with their own stories to tell create a series of supposed relate-able events to mimic real life. Oh yes, a good looking established doctor--surgeon would go to a bar, pick up a random girl, have casual sex and fall madly in love with her. Yes, one night stands lead to each man's greatest love. Har har.

Now when intelligent twenty-something women start having realizations based on the sometimes trite lines in the series, you'd think nothing except that maybe, the end is near.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...