Sunday, February 18, 2007

Slurpee Incident

I was walking along Orchard Road, near Takashimaya early this afternoon and felt like I was about to faint because of the heat, as there was no Gatorade or any other drink that had electrolytes (there was, to my dismay no salt in 7-eleven!) I decided to get myself a Slurpee.

After paying and getting my small cup, I head to the service station. There were two options, the Wild Cherry and something something Apple, I decided I wanted the Wild Cherry. As I turned the handle, non-frosted Slurpee started spraying everywhere! I turned the handle back to stop the Slurpee release, but I was not able to save both my hands and fore-arms from getting wet. I momentarily froze. And not because the liquid was cold, but because I was deciding what to do. I didn't want to reach into my bag to retrieve my wet ones because my hands were really sticky, and took a hint of red.

A kind-enough employee gave me some paper towels and a new cup. This time I entrusted the task of filling my cup with slurpee to the expert. She gave me the apple flavor Slurpee.

At this point, I have totally forgotten about my "dehydration", a more urgent situation was up, dirty, sticky, reddish hands. I decided be a momentary slob and enjoy my drink. I would wash my hands when I'm done.

I realized that at 26, I am no better filling up my cup than when I was 8. With this being said, I pray that 7-eleven would decide to allocate a friendly staff to assist children and special people like me fill-up their paper cups.

Would Taufik be able to help me out on this one?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...