Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hung Over

I woke up real thirsty, my tongue feeling like sandpaper and my stomach hyper-acidic. I felt like I was back on Sunday mornings during my teen years. I can't rember the last time I was hung over.
Last night started innocently enough, we got together in our friend's flat. I cooked pasta, Cindy handled the bratwurst, Odell did some garlic chopping and Jops served us with cool drinks while eating popcorn. Dinner followed then we watched home movies while munching on junk.
Vodka and poker were our next activities. I was also delegated with the role of drink mixer and 4th place winner/3rd place loser.
Somebody started playing really cheesy songs (I can't believe someone would have that many heartbreak songs in his Ipod) so we played a game of Name-That-Tune. Kris was the Game Master. Odell was, a natural. He knew all the songs! Cindy kicked ass too! Reggie managed to name I Will Survive first. Jops, well... at least he could play the piano. Team Tracy-Odell-Reggie won against Team Cindy-Jops-Janice.
Some singing, a lot of laughs and a bottle and a half of vodka later, someone turned off the lights and brought out flashlights. The living room was transformed into a dancefloor. I assigned myself to play the role of the house dj.
When they got tired of dancing, the lights were switched back on and again, it was time to mix another batch of drinks. More smoking and sound tripping followed. At this point I was already tired and ready to leave, but someone suggested that we finish the second bottle and then we could all leave together at the same time. Leaving happened a few minutes short of 5AM, just like when we were teenagers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...