Friday, February 16, 2007

Little Children


I am reading this book Little Children by Tom Perrotta. As I have not read any of his books, I was not too sure about what to expect.

The book is about a number of parents who have little children and who for some reason are restless and seem to be going through adolescence all over again. Not my usual read but since I am generally open minded especially about books and it was, after all selling for only $5, I grabbed it. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that there were some interesting insights that reminded me of specific moments from my teenage years. Here is one line that really cracked me up. The story behind it is that the character Sarah, wanting to get the attention of a beautiful man she kissed at the park one day, bought a red bikini online and heads for the local pool, where the "Prom King" as the moms-in-the-playground dubbed him spent most afternoons with his three-year-old.

"The thing was to wear a bathing suit and look good in it, to somehow make yourself worthy of the scenario you were volunteering for."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...