Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sweetest Stranger

The nicest thing happened to me today. Is was raining hard, as I got off the bus, I hold my office bag on top of my head, a poor attempt to keep myself , or at least my head, dry. Out of nowhere a stranger (late-sixty-something, chinese, heavily built with a disarming smile) is suddenly standing beside me, he says 'My umbrella is big enough for two people, we can share', he seemed genuinely nice, I graciously accepted. Upon crossing the street, and approaching our condo's back gate, he says 'I will stay until you get the gate open, and I hope it is a short distance to the entrance, so that you wouldn't get too wet'. He did just that --stayed a bit, until I got through the gate.

It was very nice of him, it made my day. If I chance by him again, I will be sure to thank him profusely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are u a Chinese too?

tracy gomez said...

Hi :) I am, actually Filipino. Although people usually confuse me for both Chinese and Thai. Indian even for some people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...