Wednesday, December 20, 2006

D.O.J.

I was busily eating the egg in my egg sandwich, when I realized that I was having goose bumps, as there is no high school crush within a 100-meter radius, it must be because I was feeling cold. I got a throw and was suddenly reminded of my default office jacket.

What is a default office jacket exactly?

A jacket intended to keep you warm when the office a/c is working at its best, keeping the temperature around Alaska levels. This is usually brought to work on Monday, left in the office and brought home on Friday for washing. The most common one is black and does not seem to match any of your work clothes (A jacket usually issued by the company for team building activities or given by a vendor). This jacket is taken off when you need to go to a meeting and thus, be seen. You don’t mind losing it, but could not afford not to have, replacement required as soon as possible.


Me, being me, took almost a year to find that one jacket, needless to say, I was cold most of 2006, my pashmina didn’t quite do the trick. Nowadays, I am happily working in my basic black, hip length, double breasted, belted wind breaker. Matching. Warm. Happy. Happy. Happy.

1 comment:

Homer's Dragon said...

Who needs a default office jacket or a pashmina when you have a warm boyfriend at your beck and call? I'll keep you warm. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...