Friday, December 22, 2006

Little Big Things


Every year, during Christmas season I get overwelmed by the little things that I receive from friends, colleagues, relatives and acquaintances. I refer to these gifts as 'the little big things' because these LITTLE THINGS remind me that I had been well thought of--and that is BIG.

I would often be surprised by how unique, cool, or charming some gifts are. Being a very appreciative person, I just had to tell the whole world (or maybe just the few people who read my blog) that there were four things this year that brought about giant smiles on my face that lasted just a few seconds longer than usual. Boys and Girls, Men and Mice, here are the winners.

Fourth place goes to the cellphone leather hand strap with a charm. I'm totally excited about this piece because it matched one of my bracelets. The minute I opened the wrapper and saw it, I immediately took out my old hand strap and replaced it with this one.

Third place goes to the very colorful photo-holder. It is no ordinary photo-holder, composed on five blocks, that incidently, spell out my name (I could ever rearrange it to CARTY if I really want to!). Magnets are attached on the sides of each block, this means that the blocks, at specific levels of proximity attract each other. What fun! A clear 2R sized plastic slide is placed on top to hold the photo.

Second place is the most charming, it is the chic-est card I had ever gotten, and the Allain-esque quality is unmistakable. A baroque pearl bracelet in a barely-there pouch is enclosed in the envelope as well. And it does not end there. Perhaps, what I like most about this present is the message written on the card. (Allain, I am looking forward to more Smoked Salmon Sandwiches that go so well with rainy Saturday afternoons!)

Ahhh, yes. The grand prize goes to the cup cover. At first glance I was not too sure what it was; it looked like a couple of scrambled eggs. I had to read the label to figure it out, that is when it hit me, this is sooooo cool. You put it on top of your cup, press and it creates a vacuum that would keep it in place. You could flip your cup and nothing would spill! I tried it out! It worked! No spill! The icing on the cake is the protruding green something. It is... you'd never guess, a spoon holder! Now, why didn't I think of that ? ;)
(READ: I strongly suggest that you click the picture to see the cup cover's awfully cute supposed user guide)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...