Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Rainy Days (and Sundays) and Mondays (and Tuesdays)

It has been raining non-stop since Sunday. I had no idea that it could rain this much in Singapore. Based on my recollection of rainfall during the last year and a half that I had been here, rain usually lasts no more than a meager two hours. I remember complaining that I miss rainy days in Manila.

I especially like driving after a downpour; the greens seem greener. I feel more solemn. I get the same feeling when I read Japanese novels, it is as though some Zen magic spell had been cast on the ink that whoever lays her eyes upon it would experience tranquility.

I look out my window, to watch the traffic, to watch the Christmas lights in Raffles Country Club fill the ballroom with an orange glow. As I finish the last of my cucumbers, it dawns on me; I am at peace.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...