Thursday, October 24, 2013

ode to my parents

I think I never thank my parents enough for everything they have done for me.

Sometimes it is so easy to say thanks for everything, but maybe saying thank you is when being specific counts.

my real life guardian angels


This won't be by far comprehensive, but maybe for today this would do.

Trust
Beyond the generation gap, I think my parents sometimes wonder how I think or what I would think or do.  I am what you can even consider a mystery to them.  However, despite the unknown, my parents trust me--maybe even blindly, because they love me.  I hope they know that even if I don't do the best job showing them, they are always in my mind and that I always strive to make them proud.

Acceptance
My parents accept me.  My stubbornness.  My strong will.  Even if sometimes they worry that I am threading dangerous ground or working with too many unknowns.  They accept that sometimes we need to agree to disagree and that is okay.  No two people are 100% in sync.

Prayer
Maybe I am so blessed because through prayer, my parents intercede for me. They always remind me to pray, to go to mass, to keep a bible, to remember that faith is important.  My mom would always say, it doesn't matter if you are christian, catholic, buddhist or whatever religion, what is important is you have faith.

Blood, Sweat and Tears
Life was not easy for my parents at the beginning and I know that they put in long hours to support us and provide for us.  Through this, they were able to provide not only the basic but a good life for us.  Up to now, my parents continue to work hard with us in mind.

I also thank them because through their example, I value a hard day's work and I hope when I have kids I am able to give them what my parents had provided me growing up.

 Second Wind, a Renewed Relationship
I thank my parents for not giving up on me--and not allowing our relationship to wither.  I am grateful for the relationship we have now and look forward to more years together.

Solid Foundation, My Rock
This may be my umbrella entry, but I am most thankful to my parents for being the steady strength that keeps me up.  Even now that I am married, I know that my parents will continue to support me and my husband in any way they can.  

---

Mom and Dad,

     THANK YOU.

     I love you.

Trace

3 comments:

Marie said...

So sweet!

Nubian said...

Love this and I love the photograph. You all look amazing.

tracy gomez said...

Hello Nubian! How are you? I have not heard from you in a while! Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...