Thursday, October 31, 2013

exchange of vows

My husband and I exchanged personal vows and that was my favorite part of the wedding--I do have close seconds, thirds, fourths... you get the idea, but I can truly say that there is no question what topped the chart.

---

The day after the wedding--we exchanged vows.

Again?  You ask.

No.  Not like that.

My husband asked for the copy I had during the ceremony--the one I read against.  He asked me if he could keep it.

Of course.  It was written for you.

In exchange, I asked for his.

It is yours.

---

It had been almost two weeks since we got married and we are still talking about our vows.

It's beautiful--what he wrote.  I think I have memorised every line, but I still like looking at it.

I can't count how many times I sneaked a peek at my copy of his vows in its secret place.  And each time, the anticipation still makes it hard to breathe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...