Wednesday, October 30, 2013

a glimpse, a thought, a smile

"I see you"
The Avatar reference, kind of creeps me out too.  Yes.

---

My husband wears his ring everywhere.

Watching basketball, doing chores, sleeping.  I think he even wears it taking a bath.

The idea makes me smile a little bit.

Not for some ideal that committed men wear their rings for the world to see.  Or that it is a sign of loyalty.  It is not really a measure of anything.

Maybe it's because he is a strict-watch-only-guy.  Seeing how he truly embraces his transition to a wedding-band-and-watch-guy, is a good enough reason to smile more.

---

Idea, check.

Reality?

What of everyday things?

---

We'd be talking, or I'd ask him to pass the sugar, and there.  I see it.  I catch a glimpse of that sliver of metal around his finger and my heart stops.

I remember.  

I am reminded.

Every now and then.  I pause and think.

We are married.

WE ARE MARRIED.

And that is a good enough reason to smile all day long.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...