Saturday, April 7, 2012

like crazy

I told most of my movie enthusiast friends to check out Like Crazy.

It is about an enduring long distance relationship.

I especially like how the story ran, it was not what was shown but what wasn't.

There was ample space to allow you to mull over what has happened.

I thought it was genius how they don't spell everything out, trusting the viewer's intuition.

I won't write about the story line or how it turns out, but I think I can't get away from writing about long distance relationships.

---

It is easy to mistake real conflict and irreconcilable values with trivialities grouped under an umbrella hurdle, distance.

In my story, I truly believed that it was the distance.

In hindsight, it was actually the distance that allowed the relationship to endure.

I can't say anymore, I think without feeling like it's wrong.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...