Saturday, April 21, 2012

fall

There is a row of giant trees that bear tiny yellow flowers along one side of where I live. This is the route I walk going to work everyday. It is also the last leg our OUR walks just before we say good night.

---

Every now and then, the trees would shed the flowers and my path turns yellow. Concrete with tight packed 'matte glitters'. On days such as those, I always smile to myself and think 'oh what do you know, fall. In a place where it is perpetually summer'.

Last night, walking back home I notice the fall phenomenon happened again and with the light drizzle, the flowers were plump and glistening.

As I walked over them, through my ballet flats, it almost felt as if my feet were cushioned. I never really got the walking-on-rose-petals, I thought flowers were better enjoyed in a vase or as tea but for a brief moment I thought 'So this is what the fuss is all about'.

:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...