Wednesday, March 28, 2012

West (Lake) Story

Ah, West Lake--it seems to me that I had encountered many, maybe too many West Lake referenced.

It would probably be appropriate to mention that I distinctly remember eating at a restaurant of the same name a very long time ago. Rhea, being Rhea would probably remember the incident. It is funny how I suddenly made the association when in my conscious mind, I had no idea or recall of that day from a long time ago.

Going back to our story, my recent China trip brought me to the actual West Lake. Not a food joint. Or a prop play set. An actual lake. The actual lake.

It was lovely :)Quite a nice place to spend an afternoon.

It might be just me, but it as lovely as the place was it felt lonely at the same time.Looking back, I'm glad that I made time to take some photos.To be honest at some point I sort of stopped taking photos. In fact during my last trip I took, I hardly had any.Perhaps taking photos, is not unlike sewing and writing for me. I feel that I must never feel that I must do it to do it. There is joy in doing something without pressure, agenda or purpose. Perhaps with purpose, but only to enjoy the act :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...