Monday, March 5, 2012

Of green toes and half moons

While doing Facetime with my Mom, she was surprised to see my hand nails painted (I almost never have anything on my fingernails,as opposed to my toes)and asked about the color.

She laughed a bit when I told her as it is quite funny--the shade. I was so glad it wasn't a product of my favorite make up brand, it would be awkward telling her "oh yeah, on my cheeks I've got libido".

Anyway, it is a deep green shade that I love. It feels weird having the same color on my hands and feet though. For me, it is like wearing shoes and belt that match perfectly in a color that pops. It sort of loses the appeal.

She then tells me that she has a friend who had lovely "half moons" on her nails and had them painted on over her shade.

Having trouble imagining that? Instead of a french tip, she'd have a concave shape--like a rising sun in white at the bottom of the nail.

---

Then I thought about my own nails.

I never really give much thought about them, but I distinctly remember having to this day, natural "half moons" on my thumbs--but not on the other finger nails.

I told my Mom as much, citing that I remember having those on each finger nail when I was a kid--maybe I "lost" eight half moons at some point.

---

Is it so wrong if I suddenly feel the urge to wipe my nails clean just to check? ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...