Sunday, May 22, 2011

out of reach

I had not been able to reach my toes standing up for as long as I could remember. Seriously.

A few years ago, I started going to yoga classes--passively. I thought it was as simple as attending a few sessions. It wasn't.

After using up my class card, I just stopped trying.

While having lunch the other day, we started talking about flexibility and endurance. I casually mentioned this to my brother who looked at me frowning saying "There is no reason why you can't as you don't have a ballooning tummy plus yoga claases should have given you better flexibility".

The next day, I gave it a shot the minute I woke up.

Guess what. I reached my toes!

I suddenly felt accomplished at thirty.

--------------

I gave it another shot this morning after eating what seemed like ration for a family of three during last night's buffet dinner. Amazingly, I still reached all the way.

I hope the same is true tomorrow--about flexibility and not dinner. And the day after that. And the day after that.

1 comment:

Nubian said...

I just started Yoga this week so I hope to be touching my toes sometime soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...