Sunday, May 29, 2011

penny for your thoughts

My very thoughtful, kind and choco-sprinkle-donut-craver friend got me a significant number of pigments and eye pencils last year. While I was all too excited to get my hands on them, I haven't really gotten to trying them out.

With pigments, I find that I am unable to use them during weekdays because I am always in a rush. I've only got time to dab some cream eyeshadow and line--if I do anything at all.

On weekends, I really only have Saturdays to put on a full face as Sundays are quite hectic for me too.

Given the number of Saturdays lapse and a couple of eye make up palettes that I have, you don't have to be a mathematician to make out that well, I have not used 80% of the colours.

------

I thought I'd try out one of the pigments today. I opted for Penny. The colour of money :-p

(I do know that this is not what the expression means. Thank you.)

-------

I loved it!

The color was so nice. It showed well on my skin--and stayed true to the colour of the pigment in the jar even after twelve hours!

The powder did not move at all, considering that I didn't put any proper primer. There was only sunblock underneath.

-------

This is where make up bloggers would post a swatch and talk more about the look. Obviously, that isn't happening here.

-------

To cut a long story short, I'd like to thank Mom-to-be for the pigments :-)

I have a feeling that I'd be using a (different) pigment every Saturday for a while....

5 comments:

Nubian said...

Okay now you have to share, what are pigments and you need to post a picture. :~)

tracy gomez said...

I'm quite new to the whole make up thing so I may give you the wrong info....

From what I understand pigment in the make up world is a loose powder that is very intense in colour -- by that it doesn't mean that the colors are all flashy or bright, instead it means that the color is rich or heavily 'pigmented'

Imagine two glasses with tea and coffee. While they are the same shade of brown, the 'coffee' brown is richer.

It also provides high coverage. This means your skin color will not show through thenm powder.

It is usually used on the eyes but could be used on the lip and other parts of the face obviously :-)

A photo would have saved me from the need to explain :-p LOL

Nubian said...

Well I may have to look into the world of pigment powders. You can still post a picture. ;~)

Unknown said...

post picture please... i'm intrigued =)

Rhea said...

post pix please! :-P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...