Saturday, February 12, 2011

beginning of the end?

Today, the business signed off the last increment for the GIANT project that I had been working on for a the past few months.

I blogged previously about a plant that was issued during the kick off to represent the beginning of the new era (and I prayed that the plant won't die before the project completes).

That plant was intended to sit on our desks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When I brought my plant to the barbecue area today to water it, I realised that one of the two stems was actually rotting underneath the pebbles. Like any amateur gardener, I got the first scissors that I could find and snipped the rotting part without thinking.

I was left with a four inch clipping with five leaves and roots sprouting opposite sides of the bottom three leaves. I sunk two roots into the pebbles and watered the plant--filling to the brim of the small plastic pot, making it look like a water lily.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Miracles happen everyday, maybe it could last ten more days :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...