Saturday, April 17, 2010

scratch and scratch until you succeed

As it is my first time to redeem an iTunes gift card, I realised too late that it scratches differently from a regular iTunes card. As a result, I missed two--at least I believe it to be two characters in code.

I was not sure if Apple was about to tell me the missing numbers that easily. So while I logged a ticket, I also wrote some simple scripts to generate each combination possible. Of course I was not about to try (27 + 10) x (27 + 10) redemption codes. I randomly selected thirty-ish.

In the end, I never got the right one.

The good news is that Apple actually gave me the right code :)

I am so happy with Apple's service that just maybe I will give in and get that thing that I need. Okay, want.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...