Saturday, April 10, 2010

Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)

I went to the doctor because the right side of my jaw has been bothering me. For the past four days, I felt like that side would lock.

The doctor told me that it was normal and if it was not caused by an injury and if I had no history of locking, I should wait it out for a few more days. If it continues to bother me, I should go to a dental professional. I was issued some painkillers and was advised not to open my mouth too much. The doctor's last words to me were NO HAMBURGERS.

I wanted to say but I could always use a fork and knife, but decided against it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home, I thought I should check if my retainers still fit. Maybe my teeth had shifted during the last few years and it may be the cause of the sudden jaw issue.

It still fit, but wearing it feels like my skull is about to crack open.

I had been wearing my retainers to bed since.

The jaw issues seems to be going away too. I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence. However, I have decided to keep wearing my retainers, till my old age.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember my ortho saying You will wear your retainers every night for the rest of your life. Okay, maybe except your honeymoon night.

2 comments:

Steven said...

I used to hate wearing my retainer. It always made me sound like a cartoon character. Hope your jaw works out...or else get used to straws.

tracy gomez said...

LOL. I know what you mean. The top retainer is fine, but the bottom one gives the H should to everything I say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...