Friday, September 28, 2007

PURPLE tRAINing


I am now a proud owner of dumbbells.

I really wanted 4kg ones but the salesperson practically begged me not to get them, he says they are too heavy for me. I thought he was right, it did feel too heavy and I'm afraid I won't be able to get even 3 reps (yes, reps, not sets!) of arm curls using them, so I tried out the 3kg ones. It was better. But again, the salesperson insisted that those were still pretty much too heavy for me.

As I am one to take advice from "experts", I tried out the 2kg set. I must admit, the weight seemed perfect. I think I have found the one.

But no! Mr. Salesman was still pushing that I get the 1.6kg.

I thanked him for his help and said that I would be getting the 2kg. So I headed to the counter to pay for it, Mr. Salesman follows me and continues shake his head and look disappointed.

I lugged the dumbbells all the way from Marina Square to Esplanade where I had dinner with my friends. It felt like a workout. At this point, I start to think that maybe I should have gotten the lighter ones.


Now that I'm home and inspecting my new possession (it feels so much different from buying shoes or clothes, where you'd try them on for the second time) I suddenly realized that it is purple and it matched my yoga mat.


Purple is not my favorite color, in fact I hate purple. The only reason why I have a purple yoga mat is that at the time of my purchase, all other colors were out of stock. As for my dumbbells, the 2kg ones comes in only one color. And I bet that because you're so smart, you would have figured out what color that is.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...