Wednesday, October 1, 2014

No Cooking!

It is not uncommon for us to go out for food nor take food away to eat at home.  For one, the economics of cooking for two is not the most sound.  Although our decision is not that is of economics, but feelings. 

We eat out when we feel like it.  Or when I'm lazy to cook.  Or if I have an evening conference call.

Food delivery and taking food away are based on convenience and craving.

I cook for fun.  I love to cook.  I love it when my husbands says "wow", in between the first and quickly-following-second-bite. 

I like experimenting.

I like figuring out what to make out of "what we have" with us nearing the next shopping day, when supplies are low.

---

Early this week my husband told me we should set a chore-less weekday.

This was a day that we won't do any chores (wohoooo!!!).  

This means no cooking. 

Yesterday was our first choreless weekday.

---

I cheated.

Sorry :(

---

I did some light cooking.  Roasted Chorizo.

Then put a few things we had together in a platter.  Food we had lying around like pistachios, walnuts, capers, olives, dulong in olive oil and grapes.  Luckily, we had a baguette, so I sliced that too and served.

Did I say that came with a bottle of Chardonnay? :)

---

When I heard our front door opening, I literally shouted "Surprise!!!!".

Smiling, my husband walked into our flat.

Not a Birthday.  Not an Anniversary.

No reason.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...