Friday, October 3, 2014

Green Tea Pound Cake

I had been feeling off.  I think it is because I have not gone to yoga for a while.  I am doing a trial week in a studio from Saturday, so I'm hoping that would do the trick.  That would be a post for another day.

---

During my afternoon commute I started to think about baking.  I ran through a list in my head of the different things I can make.  

I also needed to take into consideration the ingredients I had at home, I was not about to go grocery shopping, that would just drain what was left of my energy.

Baking.  Baking is good, it relaxes me.  

---

Corndogs?  I didn't have cornmeal.

Forgotten Kisses?  I don't think I am up to that much egg beating.

Butterscotch?  Might not have enough brown sugar.

---

Then I remembered that I had some powdered green tea at home.  Time to experiment, I thought.

I googled for recipes and found a lot of green tea and red bean combination.  

Red Bean?  I didn't think so.  Nope.

I searched for "butter pound cake", I thought that I can just play around with the basic and incorporate my green tea powder or anything else I have at home.

---

I had some butter cream icing tucked away at the back of our refrigerator, I took it out and replaced some butter requirement in the recipe.

I also used dark chocolate rather than white, because I didn't have white.  Plus I don't really like white chocolate.  

---

While mixing the batter, the green tea smell was so strong that I was worried it will overwhelm the butter and chocolate.  

Oh well, I could always do something later.  Like add vanilla ice cream :)

---

As usual, I chose to bake them cupcake style because it is so convenient.  It also helps with portioning.

---

Our whole kitchen smelt of goodness when I took these out of the oven.


It's not easy being green!
These are soft and moist inside, but I like how the tops are somewhat crunchy-chewy, as if there was a 'shell' protecting it.

I love that these didn't have the  'pandan green' colour that I anticipated, thank you to the dark chocolate.  The green had a caramel tinge--almost as if to make you anticipate a subtle brown sugar taste to it.



come closer... closer....
I ate two while they were hot.

Not sure how many I'll eat today.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...