Monday, October 20, 2014

Yogurt Pancake with things I have at home

start the day right
yogurt pancake with dried strawberry and dark choco chips

I decided to wake my husband up with the smell of browned butter and pancakes.

I had used a simple base recipe that found online and added  things I had at home--always making a conscious effort to clear our stash.  

I did not have enough milk, so I had to replace the milk in the recipe with yogurt.  I also only had wheat, semolina and cake flour.  I used cake flour instead of all purpose flour that the recipe called for.

I also skipped the butter in the batter, instead I only used butter to pan fry.

I chopped some walnuts, dried strawberries and added them in.  I also gave the batter a generous dose of dark chocolate chips.  I just knew my husband would love it!

I took the opportunity to garnish the pancakes with stuff I put into the batter, just before I poured dark maple syrup all over.

Sleepy smiles and Mmmmmms from the barely woken one made all my effort worth it :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...