Sunday, March 10, 2013

PRESSure

Looking at invites printers, I can't help but be swayed to having our letter pressed.  I love the perfect-imperfect effect.  It doesn't hurt that it's old school too.

This led me to buying a rubber stamp set.  I thought I'd stamp my Save the Date envelopes.
not the most elegant--but it works
Mine is a very simple set.  No idea what font, rubber of wood were used. 

I bought gold, silver and copper stamp pads to complete the kit.

I practiced on (and in effect, wasted) some envelopes.  I thought I could pull off an artsy, messy, shadowed look.  It just looked, messy.

"L" and "I" are really tough!
Imperfection is the appeal, but really, there is a fine line between imperfect and sloppy.

In the end, I managed to make a few--thankfully not wasting more envelopes. 

imPRESSed :)

4 comments:

cinderellamolina said...

looks ALMOST PERFECT, except you're missing a star ;)

tracy gomez said...

You'd love it if I told you where I got the stamp set :-p

Unknown said...

it looks simple and nice :)

tracy gomez said...

It's a lot of fun! But some letters are not that easy. Hey it will be a good project for you and the kids :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...