Thursday, March 7, 2013

my sister, a keeper

A friend posted something in facebook, about how having a sister allows you to experience loving and wanting to strangle someone at the same time.

When I think about it, my sister consistently does things that make me love her more.

And maybe, I do things that consistently make her want to strangle me more.

LOL.

Seriously speaking, I could honestly say that I am very lucky to had been given someone like her.

Today, instead of listing down the reasons why she is wonderful, I'd list down lessons I had learnt from her that some maybe even unknowingly, she taught me.

I am listing my top five.

1. Actions speak louder than words. While we don't say I love you often enough, I do not remember a day--or season where she did not make me feel loved, through asking about my day, sending me sampaloc, taking the day off when I come visit and arranging for our vacations. Despite the distance, she is there.

2. Family is most important. She had unknowingly been the glue that kept us all together. It is funny how she is so oblivious to this, but truly, it is her who pulls all of us closer.

3. Understand, and understand some more. Through everything, she had been nothing but understanding, even when it seems unreasonable or illogical, she keeps an open mind.

4. When you say "forget it", forget it. I think that maybe she hands out passes by hundreds. I think this is what I truly commend her the most for--that is her ability to forgive and move on.

5. Share. For as long as I could remember, my sister had always been generous, not only on material things but especially with her time and attention.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...