Tuesday, March 5, 2013

'invented'

I had pretty much completed our wedding invites.

By that, I mean that I had written out the text (as in I didn't google for 'wedding invites text') to express what we really want from our guest. I realised that to us there is a HUGE difference between cordially inviting someone and asking someone to share an experience. You can see where this line of thinking leads to.

I had also layed out the text for the entourage card.

Our direction card? Done!

Truth be told, our invites are practically ready to print.

---

I really didn't intend for this, you know.

I wanted to create a prototype to show the printers.

BUT, one thing led to another and before I knew it, our dream invitation was crafted.

I say OUR because although I did the detailing, it was a collaborative efforf for us. I must commend my someone for going the extra mile (seriously) thinking if he preferred "&" versus "and".

---

As happy we are with how our invites look like, we are still to find a printer to realise our vision :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think this would really be a beautiful, emotional and intimate wedding. every entries i read about your preps gives the impression of you both being so 'involved'. :)

tracy gomez said...

Thanks, that is such a nice thing to say.

It is a super small wedding, almost relatives only. We are quite lucky that our families are very supportive of us wanting to keep it small.

I am quite surprised on how hands on I could be. Admittedly, I'm not doing much DIY but I got into the intricacies of certain things!

And to be fair, my fiance is (voluntarily) quite involved too! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...