Sunday, August 7, 2011

burst of colour

I was trying on a "look" this afternoon, so I had brought out a couple of pigments. A pigment is a...well, a highly pigmented loose powder that can be on the face and body.

I was done with the eyes and ready to do the rest of my face when I thought that I should close the pigment jars before I knock one over.

And i was doing just that, when my finger slipped.

And there was a loud gasp--accompanied by yellow smoke.

Then, everything...shimmered.

----

I spent a good amount of time "fluffy brushing" everything.

My pillows, the jars, other brushes, my clothes, my hands (oh my hands!), my arms and legs even! Golden.

----

Half the jar, gone :(

Not that I'd ever finish one jar. But there is comfort knowing that I can turn myself gold entirely, if I wanted to. Honestly, I think quarter if a jar will do. Still!

----

I would never forget this day.

The day everything I was touching, turned gold.

King Midas?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

no picture?!?!?! LOL

Nubian said...

My thoughts exactly! No picture?

tracy gomez said...

I didn't take a photo... But I took one of the 'face' I had on today, I'd post something as soon as I get the photos from my cam to my notebook--whenever that is.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...