Wednesday, August 24, 2011

surprise (me)

It comes easily what to get my brother for his birthday and Christmas--or any other occasion. Somehow, I get what he likes.

Getting the right size though had always been tricky.

Throughout the years specific brands had adjusted how clothes fit, not to mention that clothes today are not cut the same way they were the last decade.

Retailers are more flexible now too. There is no issue at all swapping sizes as long as it is done within a certain number of days, the tags are intact and you have the receipt.

Yesterday, I went to the store, browsed and decided on what to get. I asked the seemingly-uninterested-to-help sales person to get me a new stock--those that people had not tried on.

It took a very loooooong time. And finally he walked lazily towards me and handed me the item.

I go to the cashier and paid for it, telling the cashier that I may need to swap sizes because it is a gift. He reminded me of their policy and then I was off.

---

When I saw my brother, I gave my present to him.

I was quite excited too because I love it when people like what I get them.

---

My brother said thank you and that it came at the right time because he can bring it with him when he goes off on a trip in a few days--this was before he opened it.

(I think he did good guess work on what was inside.)

When he opened it, and put it out...

SURPRISE!

It was a (hideous) sleeveless top!

He must have figured out that the (lazy) sales person got it wrong because he started laughing.

When I was able to recover, I told him I will go back to the store the next day and get him what I really intended what to get him.

---

If you know my brother, you won't be surprised on what he did next.

He tried on the (hideous) top and said "This is perfect", laughing the whole time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...