Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Golden

As I was making myself a nutella sandwich--yes, at midnight after I gave my all attending a Bikram class despite my recovering left glut. No judgement ;)

Back to my story.

I was making a sandwich when I noticed a golden cup--tumbler.

It was one of a pair. From what I know, the other had been, well... throw away years before. After intensive use, if it is any consolation.

This set was, when I think about now--maybe some sort of beginning.

In fact, if a book is to be written, two chapters will mention the cups. And, one chapter will start--or end with one of the cups.

---

I never really used mine, that's why it still looks new. And also came as a surprise that it is suddenly just THERE.

---

I am suddenly reminded of an old poem I once had to memorise...

Drink to me with thine eyes,
And (I forget this part)
Or leave a kiss within the cup
And I'll not ask for wine.

If you want to know, for no other reason but the cup reference :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...