Saturday, November 13, 2010

eat, pray, love

I imagined the movie to be horrible, only because I don't seem to hear anyone say it was pretty good, considering I have a lot of movie buff (rochness counted) friends.

For me it was just okay. Something you could watch in HBO if shown--and you have nothing else to do. Or to keep as background as you are polishing your shoes or sewing loose buttons.

While I had learned a long time ago not to compare books with movies (plus I didn't read the eat, pray, love book), I don't think a lot of people do the same. In effect, they don't really have a fair take on the movie. In most cases, the books are better than the movies. I can only name a few that don't follow this trend.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy <--- movie wins
Red Dragon <--- tie!
The Notebook <--- movie wins (but I'm biased because I don't really like romance novels)

Going back to eat, pray, love, I think what seems to be missing from the movie was inspiration. Somehow when the lights turned on, I felt exactly the same what I did before I watched. Maybe slightly more sleepy. I feel neutral about it, which is about the worst thing anyone can say about a movie. Well, it got a blog entry out of me--though a bland one, so maybe it doesn't really count.

-------------------------------------------

On a side note, I can't wait to watch The Song of Fire and Ice's first book The Game of Thrones Series (10 episodes) produced by HBO.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...