Saturday, November 13, 2010

not sick but tired

I just got back from a trip, going on a trip tonight and booked another in January.

The past three months had been horribly hectic and I anticipate that after I get back next week from holiday, it would once again be busy till halfway through December.

Luckily it wasn't / isn't always because of work. Sometimes though, whether you are out spending time with friends or having marathon teleconferences during off hours, it really takes toll on your health. Admittedly, my body's ability to recuperate is no longer as good as when I was a teenager.

I feel tired.

While the formula eat healthy and exercise regularly for more energy is THE answer. I thought I'd start by scrutinising my habits.

I did some self assessment to define what my poison is.

It doesn't seem like I have any addiction. While I do have vices, there isn't one that hinders me from doing my daily functions, control my actions, dictates my schedule or activities or could not stand not having for weeks. Or months.

With that out of the way, it seems like there is no major obstacle trying to take better care of my body. And mind.

Here are a few things I'd like to do:

1. Eat breakfast regularly. Properly. No eating a granola bar while walking to the bus stop. Breakfast should be taken sitting down. With a place mat :)

2. Limit soda intake. I had always (as in dating dati pa RN!) loved how Diet Coke tasted, so while there were some adjustment when it was phased out to be replaced by Coke Light, I had somewhat grown to love the new counterpart's taste as much as the first edition. I don't mind Coke Zero too. I somehow justify my unreasonable intake to the fact that these are zero calorie drinks and thus, is okay. I know it is still better to drink water. Or fresh fruit juice.

3. Salt / Seasoning. OMG! This may be my poison! I could hardly eat out or at home without dipping sauce (steak excluded). I also like requesting for "extra" sauce. I'm not sure I can give this up completely. At least not today. I'd start by cutting down :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I once jokingly accused a friend of not putting the entire pack of seasoning into the instant mee goreng because it was for me, tasteless.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...