Tuesday, August 25, 2009

4 saturday

I love movies. I spent countless of Friday and Saturday nights in the movie theatre. I enjoy dvd marathons. You get the idea.

However, I hardly watch Filipino films. I did see a lot of the 80's movies, but the number dwindled as time progressed. It did not help that I moved to Singapore, as now I not only do not watch the movies, I also have no idea what movies are out there. I think the last one I saw was Feung Sui. And I can't remember what it was prior to that.

How I would fare if I was to participate in a Charades-Pinoy Henyo-Pictionaryesque marathon wherein the category is 2005 - 2008 movies, Foreign and Filipino?

The answer is, not bad. Not bad at all.

I did have a moment though.

It was during Charades.

Filipino Movie.

Tagalog title.

Four words.

First word was the tagalog for four. Apat.

Somebody says "dapat".

Person in front nods. Points to his tall man.

"Apat dapat apat dapat".

Person in front shakes his head, points to his first and fourth finger.

"Apat apat dapat dapat".

He shakes his head again.

I say "Apat Dapat Para Sapat".

Everybody laughs.

What the hell. I tried.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i got bothered.. i researched the thing and found this in imdb.com under rufa mae quinto's list. somehow i got more confused as to which is really which!

# Apat dapat, dapat apat: Friends 4 lyf and death (2007) .... Maria Liwanag 'Brite' Diliman
... aka 4 n 1 - Friendster Forever (Philippines: English title)
... aka 4-n-1 (Philippines: Tagalog title)
... aka Apat dapat (Philippines: Tagalog title: short title)
... aka Apat dapat, dapat apat (Philippines: Tagalog title: short title)
... aka Four in One (International: English title)
... aka Prendster4ever (Philippines: English title)

tracy gomez said...

Hahaha. Hindi ko alam. Ang tamang title "apat dapat para sapat" :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...