Thursday, April 16, 2009

don't throw it all away (our mugs, our mugs)

We have white mugs in the office. As with white mugs, cracks (among other things) are very visible and with continued use, the color of the drinks seeps into these cracks. Hideous. Glaring.

Very hideous that I cringe upon sight of it.

There is this one mug that was in a please-end-my-life state. I got so affected that one day, I took it from the cupboard and tossed it into the pantry trash can. The next day, I found it in the cupboard. The cleaning lady rescued it.

I was determined to see the mug go, so this time I tossed it into the trash can in my room. The next day, I found it in the cupboard. The cleaning lady rescued it. Again.

Of course I cursed a bit when I found it, this time I opted for the toilet trash can. I was grossing myself out imagining the cleaning lady saving it. I mean, someone might use it! (Goosebumps)

The next day, I found it in the cupboard again. The cleaning lady is probably as determined keeping the mug as I am throwing it away.

I was not going to give up. This time opened the garbage bag from the previous day (as I came in early), threw the mug in, closed the bag and washed my hands profusely.

Since then, cupboard opening exercise had been a breeze.

7 comments:

Camille said...

LOL! This one's really funny :) When are you coming to visit us Trace?

tracy gomez said...

I'm actually thinking of next year or if you are getting married soon, I'd fly in then.

No definite plans yet. But I'm looking into it especially since all you college girl friends are already based there.

(Don't tell Rhea that you were the first to know, baka magtampo :-p )

Unknown said...

your cleaning lady is very persistent and kinda gross hahaha!

Melvin Chee said...

thanx for the good deed. i had long wanted to see the cracked cup in the trash long ago.

rhea said...

ako? Magtatampo??? Let us know kung may date na! Don't go in oct 2010! Camille's not attending my wedding, si pam din di pa sure buhuhu

tracy gomez said...

Wag ka magalala, I'll be attending :) "Batch Rep" ako :p

Camille said...

Well...considering walang possible groom...matatagalan pa :) Just tell us when para ma-plan natin :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...