Thursday, December 20, 2007

I hate goodbyes

I don't know about the rest of the word, but for me, the default shoe color is black.

Mondays to Thursdays I wear black closed shoes unless I remember to wear my other coloured shoes as I'm trying to enforce a habit of rotating the shoes that I wear. On Fridays I wear sandals.

I am also enforcing the habit of giving away the clothes AND SHOES that I no longer use. My brother has this theory that if you haven't used something in the last six months, then chances are, there is someone out there who needs it more that you do. Every six months, he clears his closet and shoe cabinet of items to hand down. I think it is most ideal but I am afraid to say though, that it is likely to take some time before I would be able to practice such.

While going through life and trying to incorporated these new desirable habits into it, I found myself faced with a dilemma.

I have not worn two of my closed black shoes for a very long time, nearing a year now and it seems as though I have no plans of wearing them anytime soon. I am sort of saving them until all my other closed black shoes get run down.


My heart was pounding. Cinderella would understand completely.

I knew I had to let them go.

I knew in my heart that it was the right thing to do.

I told myself that I should let them go.

And I did.

I took a deep breath, took the boxes, re-polished the shoes for the last time, put them back to their boxes, shoe tree in place, paper wrapping intact, and prayed that the new owners would love them as much, if not more than I did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

merry christmas! =)

tracy gomez said...

merry christmas to you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...