Monday, December 10, 2007

Golden Compass

I admit that I was not especially enthusiastic about the book. I got the trilogy around this time last year. I read the first book and half of the second book, then gave up on in completely. It was a blessing that Odell took some interest and read all three (almost--he is now halfway through The Amber Spyglass), at least someone enjoyed the book and my investment did not go to waste.

I am, however very excited to see the movie. It opened in cinemas last Thursday but there were so many pre-Christmas activities that I was not able to see it this weekend.

I am doing my best to steer clear from movie reviews, but despite my effort I've been hearing that it is a flop. I'm thinking that with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig in the cast, it can't be absolutely terrible. And also, the featured armored bear is the image that I imagined in my head. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I hope I am able to watch this week.

There is also some buzz about religious conflicts with the theme, and I found myself nodding and smiling when I read what one spokesperson of a religious order said after seeing the movie. He said that would only feel offended if he is a polar bear. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...