Saturday, August 18, 2007

Field Trip

I went on a field trip with Kristine yesterday, I am to transfer work places so we checked out the food establishments (and maybe, the shops too) near my new location.

I was pretty pleased with what we saw. Although admittedly, Millenia is perhaps most ideal, One Raffles Quay is not half bad. Think Tiong Baru or Oh-so-far-away Tampines. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can't complain.

We ended the afternoon with an early knocks-me-off-my-diet dinner at a quaint establishment off the main commercial areas (my favorite kind). The duck's skin was so tasty and crispy and the meat was so tender, it would slide off the bones when you work your fork into it; although I did have a knife and used it too, I swear you wouldn't need one! The beef cheeks were even more tender that you wouldn't need teeth!

As usual, we got bread dips. I swear I could forego the main and be content with eating bread and dip for dinner--a hell lot of bread and dip!

Although seemingly impossible to the likes of us who are dessert-monger-supporters, for the first time since we have met, we were so full that we didn't have any room for dessert. Bummer.

We were supposed to join some friends for some more wine but we were both too beat and full to do anything but go home and sleep--a pig's life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...