Friday, August 31, 2007

Are you there God? It's me, Margaret


As I was at the grocery store, trying to decide what I would want for breakfast next week, when I suddenly remembered a book I read more than seventeen years ago, at the library of O.B. Montessori Center.
The book's title is, well, this entry's title.
It is about an almost-adolescent who is confused about what is happening around her. Her friends are fast maturing, but it seems as though she is not quite there yet.
While I did not go through the ordeal of wanting to grow up too fast (I am Peter Pan! I want to live at Neverland with you-know-who, but he won't take me in because I'm a girl!) or have felt the absence of God's presence in my life, I could only imagine how difficult for a gradeschooler to be in that position.
What I could relate to, however is that when you are a kid there are some things that are important to you, but are dismissed without thought by grown ups because they feel that these things are petty. What they don't realize is, at that point, those were BIG.
This is me, making a mental note to myself. I most definitely, must do my best, when dealing with children, to REMEMBER.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...