Tuesday, July 10, 2007

TJ Abad

Migs was telling me that earlier today, he was reading a friend's blog. He liked the entries so much that he read one to me. Upon hearing it, I knew I HAD to read the rest of his entries.
I have never met TJ, but I hope I do. I really like the way he writes. I especially like one particular entry. It somewhat reminds me of how I felt the first time I saw U2's All I Want Is You MTV.
FOR A MERMAID
i f m y l i f e w e r e a c i r c u s
Inspired by the short story “The Boy With No Name”
If my life were a circus
You’d be the Mermaid
Belting an enchanting melody
With an ethereal tone so pure
It enchants all who feel it
Resonate through their ears
But despite your unearthly beauty
You have never felt passion
For no attempt at courtship
Has been made by a single soul
Because you can never leave
Your tank and your tent
If my life were a circus
I’d be the Boy With No Name
Almost but not quite an attraction
And more like a stable boy for all
Shoveling elephant waste
Scrubbing the Lizard Man’s scales
Maintaining the Ringmaster’s quarters
And ignoring my dignity
To keep the spirits
Of all my comrades
Soaring for the next town

If our lives were a circus
And if you were the Mermaid
And I were the Boy With No Name
I’d finish all my chores
As fast as I could
So I may have more time
To clean your tank in your tent
So I may have more time
To discover who you are
Behind your ethereal tone
And your unearthly beauty
So I may have the time
To teach you dancing
In your tank, in your tent
So I may have more time
To court you
To show you everything there is
In love and in life

2 comments:

Homer's Dragon said...

Hon... my friend's name is TJ ABAT. :)

TJ Abat said...

Siyempre ngayon ko lang nabasa ito after 4 years. Hahahaha. Thanks for the kind words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...