Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Eating rice and everything nice

I would often change the way I eat. It comes in phases. I'd decide not to eat carbs, then decide not to eat SIMPLE carbs, then decide I'd eat complex carbs and not take any other source of sugar, not even fruits, then I'd decide to binge, then I'd decide to binge once a week, then I would not care and start eating what I want--anytime I want.
I guess I'm lucky that I generally love food that are good for me like vegetables, tofu, lean meat, milk, etc. So I have no worries about not getting enough nutrients.
Most of the time, I get into trouble by eating too much of both the good and the bad. For example, I would eat two servings of salad (with balsamic dressing) and chicken breast for dinner and then eat three scoops of ice cream and half a bag of chips.
I could almost hear Odell saying "Ang lakas mo kumain, as in masmalakas ka kumain kaysa sakin. Buti nga sa kain mo na yan hindi ka mas-malaki pa, eh hindi ka naman na nag-gy-gym" (You eat so much, even more than me. Given your food intake, you are lucky not to be bigger considering that you have stopped going to the gym). Great. Thanks man.
The past three weeks, I have, yet again, decided on a new approach. I would eat whatever I want, but only in moderation. So now, I eat rice every meal. I also started drinking lukewarm water instead of iced water. Another phase has begun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...