Thursday, January 9, 2014

tokwa!


I decided it was time to make (my version of) tokwa't baboy.

Direct Translation: Tofu and Pig (Pork)

For the tofu, I sliced them thin, painted it thinly with olive oil, sprinkled it with rock salt and parsley.  It went to the oven at 180C.  

I waited.

Patiently.  At first.      

baking in progress


I am guilty of hovering over the oven window, watching things bubble, turn brown, soften, rise.  I love watching the magic happen.

My husband always reminds me that I don't have to do that.  Things will cook.  And he is right, but it is exciting for me.   Watching.

Not productive, but I had time :)


golden

The pork dish was simple.  Using all the standard ingredients for tokwa't baboy like onion, soy sauce, vinegar and black pepper, I something similar to a chunky stew.  I thickened the sauce with some corn starch.


ebony and ivory (of some sort)

My husband and I ate this with brown rice.  Lots.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...