Wednesday, January 1, 2014

hummus me


 It is funny how my Mom and I prepared similar dishes for New Year's Eve.

---

Hummus.  Somewhat.

naked

I don't have a food processor or a mixer.  No special gadget to make the task easier.  With that, I anticipated that mine will be chunkier, but that's cool!  I am all about the taste.


facade

I did take the extra step of taking out the skin.  

That took longer than I anticipated, taking out the skin.  It would be worth the effort through.  Plastic texture is definitely unacceptable!  

Did I mention, I didn't even have a masher?  (I think I'd get one, together with a new apple corer.)


hardwork
I knew at the beginning that it won't be the traditional hummus, and in fact purists would definitely hate this.  

I wanted to clear ingredients I have, so I decided to put in some sour cream.

Of course, Cumin remained to be the star of the show.  I also added Paprika.  The other ingredients were typical hummus players.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  

alien
In the end, I had a silky somewhat chunky bread dip.  

Not too easy, but A LOT less work compared to mashed potato.  Somehow, I think I have not gotten over how troublesome mashed potato preparation could be.


party ready

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...